Direct School Admission
Direct School Admission (DSA-JC) Exercise 2021 (Applications Closed)
Anderson Serangoon Junior College (ASRJC) welcomes students with talent in various fields to apply for entry to the college through Direct School Admission (DSA). For more information on DSA, please refer to MOE DSA-JC website.
1) DSA Talent Areas
We are looking for students with talent in the following areas:
|Performing Arts CCAs
|Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
(1) Strong knowledge in C++/Java/Python programming as demonstrated by competition/ certificationOther useful criteria:· Participation in long term science research programmes, of at least 4 weeks, with tertiary institutions/A*STAR Research Institutes etc. AND/OR
2) Application Process (New!)
3) Selection Process (New!)
Considerations for Shortlisting
Applicants will be shortlisted based on evidence of the following aspects, as gathered from the applicant’s submission of supporting documents:
- Track record, experience and commitment to the talent area.
- Positive character traits such as discipline, resilience and commitment.
- Achievements, qualifications and certifications in talent areas.
Selection Interviews via Video Conference
Shortlisted applicants from the trials will be required to attend an online interview to enable the College to better understand the:
- Applicant’s interest/ passion for the specific talent area;
- Applicant’s experiences (if any) in nurturing the specific talent area (e.g through school CCA, sport academies/ clubs or private coaching);
- Applicant’s motivation for joining ASRJC;
- Applicant’s ability to cope with JC curriculum.
In addition, some talent areas may have specific performance tasks as shown below.
|Talent Areas||Performance Tasks||Contact Person|
|Badminton||Details will be shared with shortlisted students||Mr Alex Lee Kok Weng|
|Basketball||Ms. Eleonor Rivera|
|Football||Mr Tony Lee|
|Hockey||Mr Peh Kar Liang|
|Netball||Mr. Chang Shu Yuet|
|Volleyball||Mr William Chua|
|Taekwondo||Shortlisted applicant will be assessed on Poomsae skills:
||Mr Joe Lim|
|Chinese Drama||Prepare a 1-2 min performance of your choice||Ms Ma Junhui|
|Chinese Orchestra||Prepare a music piece of your choice||Ms Charlotte Chua|
|Choir||Prepare a song of any genre (except rap)||Ms Tan Ee Yong|
For percussionists - scales on mallet percussion
For percussionists - 1 on snare drum and the other on either mallet percussion or timpani
|Mrs Agnes Wong|
||Ms Evon Lim|
|English Drama||Perform two monologues of no more than two minutes each.
||Mr Tay Xiang Wei|
Mdm Khoo Ching Wan
||Mrs Sundraeswari Teckwani|
|Clubs and Societies|
Science and Technology
|No performance task. Only Interview.||Mr Kelvin Soo|
|Language Elective Programme - Tamil||No performance task. Only Interview.
Submit through the application form link a portfolio that showcases strength in Tamil Language e.g.
|Mr Veeramuthu Ganesan|
5) Other Information
- Subject Combinations offered at ASRJC
The list of subject combinations offered in 2021 is downloadable here. (subject to changes in 2022)
- Change of college campus in 2024
Updated as of 26 July: The College will be moving to a holding site from January 2024 at the following address:
1033 Upper Serangoon Road
(site of former Serangoon Junior College)